Welcome to the PSUSD Student Transfer Application
(Para Español haga clic aquí)
Palm Springs Unified School District is an “Open Enrollment District." You may apply for an Intra-District Transfer permit for your child/children to a school other than his/her school of residence. Transfers are not guaranteed and are based upon space availability.
Use this application to request that your student attend a school other than their school of residence.
The process is as follows:
- Parents must complete an Intra-District Transfer permit through our transfer website: Click on link below or through our “PSUSD Computer Kiosk Stations" at the Student Services office between 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (one transfer per child)
- Students must have an active Student ID Number. If you do not know your students ID number, please contact your school of attendance.
- If a student is new to PSUSD, student must be enrolled in their school of residence while pending a transfer approval. If you are unsure as to your “school of residence", you may click on the following link: “Find My School."
- Only parent or legal guardian on record may apply for a Transfer permit.
- Please be aware of any 'deadlines' for submitting your application.
- Transfer requests are approved through a lottery system.
- If student is in Special Ed, the transfer request must be reviewed by the Special Ed Department prior to transfer approval. This is due to program availability concerns.
Transfers for 2017/2018 1st Semester are CLOSED, with the exception of Desert Learning Academy.
To process your transfer request for the 2017/2018 2nd Semester, you must submit a Transfer request between November 1, 2017 and December 1, 2017.The "Priority Period" lottery group is January 9,2017 - March 17,2017.